Friday, June 17, 2005

PMS - the extended version

hallo,
I'd first like to say that I'm happy to be reading new updated blogs - aren't you happy to read new updated blogs?
so - you're probably wondering what's up with the name... well - for those of you who read my last blog you will remember me mentioning crying in the park over seeing families having fun together. but now - a week later I find myself still in the grasp of the monster..
K can tell you I have truly been a suck for the last few days - first I cried at the scene in Pride and Prejudice (yes - we watched the whole thing with great savor and then rewound it and watched some parts again - K got so excited over Mr Darcy that I don't think it's good for her constitution if she watches it more than once a year {he *smolders*}) - the scene when Mr Bingly and Jane finally get together (I hope I haven't spoiled it for anyone) - they are both so happy and so very cute I get all choked up just thinking about it. But it was when I started balling during an episode of I Love Lucy (K and I watched one during lunch yesterday - Lucy managed to save a town from an evil expressway - and there was spontaneous singing and *tap*!!! what more could a girl want?) that I clued in that something must be up with me - that, along with the fact that I've been craving chocolate (doesn't usually happen but I suppose June is a special month). Oh dear - this morning I balled when I read the parable about the Prodigal Son [Luke 15vs 11-21]- (if you haven't read it - you should sometime - Our Father God's love for us is amazing - unlimited and boundless).
So I have decided to put it to blog (kinda like putting pen to paper -but virtually) and sharing my experiences - because ladies and gentlemen - (though I can't say I know of any gentlemen reading my blog) PMS is a very real thing. My best friend doesn't really believe in it - she thinks that it's just something that women use as an excuse to behave badly -infact - many women feel that way - and perhaps it is true for some, but I write to relate my experience that pre-menstrual syndrome is a very real thing not to be scoffed at (though perhaps we must laugh - sometimes it's better to laugh than to cry). but I'm sure many of you have found this to be very true for yourselves already - and if so - feel free to share.
anyways - I 'm off to lunch with a friend. have a good day!!! accept/expect random crying spells.
tulip

here are some sites on PMS that I found helpful
http://www.ncpamd.com/PMS.htm
http://www.usdoctor.com/pms.htm
http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/pms/index.shtml
T

No comments: