Friday, June 17, 2005

a mutated form of PMS/ Call Centres how I hate thee - Let me count the ways

I hate the way you get my hopes up.

So today I went in for an interview for a call centre - don't yell at me - I didn't know that it was a call centre before I went - and so I prepared for a totally different interview - I thought it was a hostess type thing - needless to say I was sorely dissappointed when I saw the little cubicles - infact, my heart sank and I felt like bursting into tears (are you surprised?). the reason I was so confused is that I sent out an application 2 days ago for a hostess position with a survey group - so when a survey group called me the next day I just immediately assumed it was the same one, sadly this is not the case. I have very bad luck with call centres - or rather, it has nothing to do with luck - I hate telemarketing (and I especially hate it when people try to make it seem that it's something else - Don't lie about it - fess up and take your stinking telemarketing ways elsewhere!) and (happily) I am not the greatest salesman (I think I'm too compasionate for sales - when people tell me "no" - they have no money - I believe them, I understand where they're coming from, I leave them alone - not like those sharks who see protest as a buying signal - grrrrrr) and it shows - so I can never keep such a job for very long (in the past 2 years I've done 4 such jobs - 1 month, 7 months, and the last two 4 days each).
but on the way home some fun things happened:
* I stopped at Indigo and read about Women's health {always good to know you're a)not going crazy and b)not alone in your feelings}
* I read a quote about a husband who calls PMS - "my signal to Pack My Suitcase"
* I passed a guy with the coolest shirt - only now I forget what it said - it was about some country in the middle east - oh yeah! it was red and it said "Chad is Rad"
* I saw a man with a green bow tie - he had paused to watch a little sparrow
* I saw a black bird with an orange feather on each wing - very interesting
So the day was not a total bust, and I plan to go home and make sweet potato pie! I've never had it the way it's described (i.e in a pie crust) - but it sounds yummy :).

No comments: