Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Everything's alright, yes. Everything's fine

That's the song going around in my head right now. I like that song - it's calm and restful although ironic - when it's sung everything's not fine. it's from the production Jesus Christ Superstar - I just saw it recently - I didn't like it very much - they left out the most important part, i.e. the Resurrection of Jesus Christ - and the event is much too important for me to overlook the omission and say that the music was good and the actors alright. The resurrection is the point upon which Christianity turns - this was not some dude who was good and died at the hands of men - this was the Son of God who rose victorious over death (getting rid of all my sins while so doing) - it's a pretty big omission. I was so mad when I finished watching it - I felt as though I'd been robbed of 2 hours of my life. During the movie I was willing to look over all the alterations: the portrayal of Jesus (as an unwilling man - just doing it for his reward) and all that business with Mary Magdalene - I was willing to overlook it all - but the ending was so pointless I shake my head and overlook none of it. I'm mad that an otherwise faithfull production was so ruined.
* * *
In other news.
today's air quality was so bad - I woke up unable to breath and all day I've been walking around with a sock in my chest. oh I need to leave Toronto.
But I did make it out to the gym this morning (without falling over) - it was great - it's the first time in months. I love exercise! that sweaty - working hard - getting rid of pent up energy feeling. although I probly shouldn't try it again when the weather's so bad - my lungs are probably shriveled with the effort.
here's to the rain coming soon.
tulip

No comments: