Friday, July 29, 2005

Summer Rain

hallo
so today the squirrels in Queen's Park were doing some weird sort of ritual rain-dance. I passed at least 3 of them doing it - they each had a stick (usually a thick one, about the length of their body - maybe a bit longer) and would hold the stick in the front paws - run a few steps and then lie down on their backs with the stick between all four legs and wriggle a bit...... I kid you not - I saw it...... with my own eyes........
did I ever tell you about the squirrels in Queen's Park? In first year Bio we figured out that they are probably so awfully inbred and isolated that they are all crazy or have formed some sub species of squirrel. Queen's park is encircled by a road-way and although some squirrels make it across it is hypothesized that the gene transfer must be pretty low. further evidence for this can be found in the fact that the squirrels do appear to suffer from various ailments as would suggest some level of inbreeding (or too much Toronto air) - they are unkempt, unhealthy and very aggressive (the reason I don't cross Queen's Park alone at night). When I first came here I was terrified. My fears were confirmed when I saw a squirrel attack a lady... - it was in Vic (across the street from the Park - apparently, neighbouring populations also show signs of madness) right infront of my residence - a lady was eating some cheese cake, she was sitting on a bench. the fiend came up, all innocent, begging for food, soon he'd jumped onto the back of the bench, then he'd crawled down her front and into her lap (by this point, myself and the others watching were too stunned to provide any help - had it been me on that chair I would have been FREAKING OUT) - the lady just stood up and shook the culprit away. then she offered it a piece of cake on her fork - the squirrel grabbed the cake - and the fork and ran away..... from that day forth I've stayed far away from T.O squirrels.

"Summer rain, whispers me to sleep and wakes me up again" Carl Thomas - Summer Rain

(heart) tulip

No comments: