Thursday, September 01, 2005

We really are ordinary people

we really should take it slow.
So it's been a long while since I've last written. much has happened since then. For instance I went on a trip with K to Nova Scotia - we had a time.... Nova Scotia is a beautiful place.
Also, today C is moving to London ON... bye C! have fun! I'll miss you! (tear). and on Monday H is moving to Kingston. Bye H! I'll miss you! (tear)
Tomorrow my cousin goes to Ottawa for uni (you won't read this but I'll miss you - tear). Nat is back in T.O. (yay! I missed you) In short - there is lots of moving and changing going on.
I started a new volunteering position (or rather the same position with a new family) - another mother with twins. I think that new mothers and mothers-to-be are beautiful.
I've started- I've made a friend (I cringe away from the phrase "started a new relationship" it's an icky phrase full of all sorts of confusing connotations - I just want to keep it simple). I think that he is wonderful.
But today what's foremost on my mind - apart from K's Birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY K! and Nate and David and Ruth and Brenda and Clare (Fischer) who have recently come back into my life (wink) - welcome back guys!
What's foremost on my mind is second chances. I know second chances are key - we are/were all given a second chance when Jesus died on the cross. But there was a time when I thought that in certain situations second chances just shouldn't happen. I don't know - today I had to rearrange my thinking on it.... I'm having difficulty with this... I'm distressed by it... I don't know how to process it... I need reassurance about it....
do you know what I mean? how we have to rearrange our thoughts as we get older.... how it's so weird. hmm. what do you think about second chances?
unsettled,
tulip

2 comments:

Hana said...

Second chances are truly wonderful things ... I've been granted so many of them because of stupid, stupid things that I did ... second chances enable you to learn from your mistakes, to grow as a person and to never make those same mistakes again ...

If you need to talk, call me. Either at home or my cell.

Tulip said...

thanks hun.
you're a sweet-heart. I feel much better today. you're right - second chances are a wonderful thing - for any and everyone.
talibah