Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Breathing

hallo,
long time no write. been - living I guess. finished exams - weeks ago now. finished moving and unpacking (weeks ago now), looking for a summer job (tell your friends...you know - the ones that can pull strings?!), just breathing....
I have a funny story for today - almost as funny as boiling radishes. are you folks ready for this? yesterday I sent in a random application to a job on the student careers website. It had to do with environmental management - it was past the deadline - but I figured - what the heck - it'll be good practice. So today I get a phone call asking me if I'm still interested in the position. The lady sounded surprised when I said that I was, and we set up a telephone interview (I knew they're based outside of T.O. but I had no idea where exactly... was I in for a surprise)....Cochrane Ontario - the location of the position (for those of you who aren't already laughing at me for not checking before applying) is 10 hours north of T.O. - it's further than Timmins (K's former home - which we visited just this weekend - K's family is great but it sure is far...). K tried to deter me with stories of black flies and bears.. I would not be shaken - but eventually I remembered that I have a commitment (I volunteer with little babies) and though it's just volunteering - it's a commitment none the less..so I'm saved. but still kinda sad (amist the laughter at myself) because it would have been an experience. I wondered why the lady sounded so surprised.

here's to life as me - never a dull moment
Tulip

No comments: