Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy (belated) Remembrance Day

I hope you folks are doing well.
I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge those who have sacrificed for a just cause.
I do not support the war (or the act of war for that matter), but I support the thousands who have sacrificed to uphold the freedom and rights of others (us included!) and defend those who are innocent and threatened.
I honour those who have sacrificed their lives, their adulthood, their parenthood, their mental health, their future (I just saw in the Saturday Star the numbers of those who have died in Afghanistan since 2001 - the ave age is around 29!! - the number, especially those age 21, 22, 23, 24 saddens me deeply); those families who have lost parents, siblings, children, aunts, uncles, loved ones.
I can't help but hope that one day a time will come when killing people is no longer seen as a means to any end.
But in the mean time, I send up prayers and send out thoughts for those who have died, and for all those who have lost someone in the military.
(heart) tulip

No comments: