Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Superwoman

Superwoman by Karyn White

"I'm not your super woman......
I'm not the kind of girl that you can let down and think that everythings's ok
I'm only human"
"I'll give my love and lasting love. if you return love to me...."

these are just a few of the lines from a song that took me through a lot of my childhood. I loved this song. I would sing it at the top of my lungs and close my eyes. I memorized all the words and sang it with feeling. I was NOT your super woman - I deserved love and respect.. ...
I *was* the song.
I can't explain it any better than that. I can only ask you to remember how you held onto things as a child - maybe it was a doll or a blanket, or a corner of the house, for me it was songs - and that was one of MY songs.
My father loved me to sing that song - or maybe it was just that he liked me to sing - and express myself - (a lot of people would have said that I was a quiet child). He even got me a record with that song - a little record - what's it called? and LP?? (see I was too young to even know what it was called) - but I do know that he bought it for me - before I could even operate the record player :). and he and I would sing walking down the street. (these days K and I sing walking down the street - but for me that habit has much older roots..) I would be a bit embarassed maybe at first - but once we got off the busy streets and once I got started I would be singing and dancing like there was no one else in the world.
it is a great memory to have. I hope everyone has at least one memory so sweet.
tulip.

No comments: