Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Intimate yet interesting

So the other day I went shopping with my friend R - R and I have realised that she is me (and I am her) - she shares with me an insane love for Bubble tea, and she has the same sense of humor - although we do differ in our feelings about clothing and shopping. She cares about what's "in"; about what others are wearing, what colour is in season, in fashion, in vogue and I couldn't care less about any of it. When it comes to shopping, and clothing I follow the three C's: Comfort, Convenience and Cost. if it's comfortable I wear it - but only within a certain cost range. but no thrift shopping for me - I'm all about convenience - sifting through cool finds is NOT my cup of tea - one stop shopping is where it's at.
So anyways - (speaking of C's and cups) back to our shopping expidition (which was more composed of looking at things and her trying to convince me that it would look amazing and me resisting firmly) - we went into a ladies underwear store - and the staff was so helpful - they helped me pick out the right size bra and fixed and pulled to show me how things are supposed to fit. now - it was a bit odd to have strangers get so intimate - but to good end - for, apparently, I (like many women in North America) have been wearing the wrong size bra for years. life took on a whole new meaning in that day (ok, I exagerate a little -but it was quite neat). so for those ladies reading - try it out -you might learn something exciting about yourself :)

The other thing that I have encountered recently - intimate yet interesting. It's that God knows all our secrets. This might seem a strange thing to say - so I should complete the sentence... God knows all our secrets and loves us regardless of them. I was thrilled(/relieved) by this revelataion because I recently learned a secret that set me thinking - about acceptance, about the fears we often have of opening ourselves to others. fear that they will reject us, think less of us, judge us - and sometimes (sadly) they do (I try my best to never be one of those people). But, happily, I realised yesterday - that there is always this garauntee of His love, and I felt - better. I felt relieved to know that it is possible (to love regardless of - to love unconditionally). So that means (through Him) that I can do it too.

Lastly - I just need to say - guys don't get it! MEN!!!!! you just don't get it!!!!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
a woman needs to hear it said (multiple times). get it?
humph.

heart tulip

No comments: