Friday, August 05, 2005

Drops of Jupiter

"Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know you're wrong"
Drops of Jupiter - Train
I've been singing that song in my head all day. I borrowed the album from the Library (I even love the Canadian Library system - what can I say?- I love Canada!) and I've listened to that song continuously - there's something about that song. I think that it has drugs in it. Like Guster (a band) and that song Fast Ball ("was I out of my head? was I out of my mind?") - it's music that just keeps you coming back for more, music that just makes me feel heady - hungry for.... something. Natalie Cole makes me feel that way too.. and Molly Johnson..hmm this list is longer than I thought it would be.

p.s. today I heard the best sentence for the year so far - one more laden with (hope?)and (possibility?)..... and (I don't know what)... than you can imagine.... it was this:
"slow and steady wins the race"
wow
still smiling.
Talibah

No comments: