Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dirty Dancing

When I watch a good movie - especially one where the guy and gal have an apparently happy ending - or better yet - beginning; I wonder what really happens next (you know - after the credits role). Like tonight, I watched Dirty Dancing - which has some HOTTTT!! dance scenes and must have really steamed up the screens when it first came out (sizzle sizzle Patrick Swayze!! ;)). And I wondered what happened with Patrick's character and 'Baby' (Jennifer Grey) afterwards...
Did they get their happy ever after? if so - for how long? for ever?
what happened when she went to University? did they do the long distance thing? Did it work? Did he get used to having one stellar woman or did the temptations of his former life prevail once he gained his confidence?
Did they do great things?
Did they do great things together?
*sigh*
I guess I'm always curious now - when things get off to a great beginning - how do they continue? and how exactly do they end?
I liked When Harry Met Sally for that, because they had (not quite) false starts - real starts - that even continued - but also finished (a couple times) and gave a glimpse of the ending (CUTE!!)

Here's to happy ever afters.

No comments: