Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Heart Hug


Sometimes, if we sit quietly, we realise that our heart has been crying and we have not been listening. Sometimes when that happens it helps to speak to a kind friend, to hear words of encouragement, to see a rainbow or a beautiful wonder. I think of these things as "heart hugs" - they act as a medicine for many ills.

def - "Heart hug": An act of kindness by someone, or an event or realisation that gives you a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside - like a hug for the heart.

here is an example recently found in my journal - March 23rd 2003

"Heart Hug.
Nat came in and gave my heart a hug today. Just when I needed it my Father sent me a heart Hug in the shape of a friend."


(the picture is the result of Nat's heart hug - she put my bandana on G-bear who became - G-bear unleashed { or 'george of the jungle'} we set him up on Joe, the tiger (he roars!), with a background of green)

So here's to heart hugs.
ps - sometimes chocolate works as a substitute hug :)
for best results use substitutes sparingly

No comments: